Kyosei International Patent Office  
japanese rogo
>>Go to Japanese page
Home .
Welcome .
Our services .
IP Topics .
FAQs .
Downloads .
Contact Us(and Map) .

Contact us


Q. Is it necessary to inform the Japan Patent Office (JPO) when the name and/or address of a patentee or an applicant of a patent application changes? If yes, what is the procedure for doing that? Also, what document(s) is/are required?


If the name and/or address of the applicant of a pending Japanese patent application changes, the applicant must submit to the JPO a Notification of Change of Name of Applicant(s) and/or a Notification of Change of Address of Applicant, as applicable.
If the name and/or address of the patentee of a Japanese patent has changed, the patentee must submit to the JPO a Request to Register Change of Registered Owner.
Kyosei can submit to the JPO, on behalf of an applicant or patentee, the necessary document(s) to change the name and/or address. We will provide on a case-by-case basis an estimate of the cost for submitting the document(s). We require a Power of Attorney (POA) form executed by the applicant or patentee, as is applicable, for us to process a change of name and/or change of address of an applicant or patentee.



If you have any question about any IP matter that you would like us to answer, please send it to us here.









Copyright 2014 by Kyosei International Patent Office. All rights reserved.